Our History

History

Right from the first years after the Adventist pioneers came to establish themselves in Europe at the beginning of the ninteenth century, they wished to establish a missionary school. In 1921, two old hotels, a farm and a magnificent property of around 20 hectars was bought in Collonges-sous-Salève in Haute Savoie.

The 'Séminaire Adventiste du Salève' as it was first called, opened its doors on October 6th 1921 welcoming 76 students. At that time, the school offered trainings as Bible teacher, school teacher or door to door salesman and office worker. Work on the farm, gardening and wood work, cooking courses and sewing completed the theoretical teaching in a classroom.

More buildings were build progressively as interest from more and more students aroused, needing further classrooms and equipment.

Important Dates: