Right from the first years after the Adventist pioneers came to establish themselves in Europe at the beginning of the ninteenth century, they wished to establish a missionary school. In 1921, two old hotels, a farm and a magnificent property of around 20 hectars was bought in Collonges-sous-Salève in Haute Savoie.
The 'Séminaire Adventiste du Salève' as it was first called, opened its doors on October 6th 1921 welcoming 76 students. At that time, the school offered trainings as Bible teacher, school teacher or door to door salesman and office worker. Work on the farm, gardening and wood work, cooking courses and sewing completed the theoretical teaching in a classroom.
More buildings were build progressively as interest from more and more students aroused, needing further classrooms and equipment.
- In 1927 : the building " Central " with class rooms, offices for the administration and a library
- In 1954 : a gymnasium
- In 1961 : a chapel able to seat 500 people
- In 1965 : a secondary school and a new mens hall of residence
- In 1969 : a new primary school
- In 1975 : a new womens hall of residence
- In 1981 : a new library
- In 1987 : a building for the faculty of theology and the school of language (Ifle)
- In 2010: a new primary school
- In 2019: a new boy's dormitory
- In 2020: expansion and improvement of the cafeteria
- 1893 : Creation of the "Adventist missionary school" in Neuchâtel (CH)
- 1895 : Moving the school to La Chaux-de-Fond (CH)
- 1901 : Moving the school to Genève (CH)
- 1902 : Moving to Paris (F)
- 1904 : Moving to Gland (CH)
- 1919 : Moving to Nîmes (F)
- 1920 : Go back to Gland (CH)
- 1921 : Installation de l'école à Collonges sous Salève (F) et prend le nom de "Séminaire adventiste du Salève"
- 1921 : opening of the seminary and school of commerce.
- 1924 : opening of the first French language courses for foreigners
- 1936 : opening of a private primary school Maurice-Tièche
- 1946 : opening of a private Grammar school Maurice-Tièche
- 1952 : opening of a private secondary school Maurice-Tièche
- 1956 : opening of the Institut de Français Langue Etrangère (I.fle)
- 1961 : signature of a partnership between 14 universities in the United States (Adventist Colleges Abroad) and the Institut de Français Langue Etrangère
- 1981 : creation of the Adventist theology Faculty (previously named the seminary)
- 1983 : first agreements between the Theology faculty and the pretestant faculty of Strasbourg
- 1989 : New name: "Institut adventiste du Salève"
- 1997 : The school takes the name of "Centre universitaire et pédagogique du Salève"
- 2001 : The name of the school becomes "Campus adventiste du Salève"
- 2008 : The French department receives the quality label Fle (Français langue étrangère)
- 2013 : first settlements between the private secondary school and the State
- 2014 : opening of the Institut des Sciences Humaines
- 2014: The Department of French as a Foreign Language is authorised by the French State to organise the TCF (Test de connaissance du français) in order to obtain French nationality or to apply for a residence permit.
- 2017 : opening of the International Centre for Religious Freedom and Public Affairs (CILRAP)
- 2018 : Possibility of taking the theology degree in e-learning
- 2019 : The Faculty of Theology receives the grade of Master conferred by the State
- 2021 : Centenary of the presence of the campus adventiste du Salève in Collonges sous Salève