First of all it is important to specify that 1921 is not the centenary of the school (it was born in 1893) but that of its presence in Collonges sous Salève.
This school was created in 1893 to ensure the theological preparation of the pastors of the Adventist Church in Europe. The courses were given in different cities before moving to Gland, in the canton of Vaud, Switzerland, where the missionary school remained until 1921, when it was transferred to Collonges-sous-Salève, France. It then took the name of Séminaire adventiste du Salève (the "Sem", for those who know it well).
The Adventist Church is a Protestant church born in the United States in the second half of the 19th century. It has its roots in American Baptistism and Methodism. Present in France since the end of the 19th century, it is today part of the Protestant Federation of France.
This institution, whose vocation has been progressively broadened, is now called the "Campus adventiste du Salève". It brings together a faculty of theology, an institute of French as a foreign language, a complete school complex (nursery school, elementary school, middle school and high school), and an institute of human sciences. It also hosts research centers: the E.G. White Research Center, the J. Figols Research Center focused on youth, the International Center for Religious Liberty and Public Affairs (CILRAP) and the Adventist Archives Research Center.